Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Death

It's been days since the tragic bus crash at Slim River happened. When I first heard it from my friend, Pras, I thought it was another bus crash, just like the ones that usually happen around Chinese New Year period but when she said that one of her friends got killed in it, I gave it a second thought. I have never lost a loved one, and I would never want to go through the pain. I didn't know what to say so I brushed it aside, hoping that I could distract her from thinking about it too much. After all, when it comes to sad stuff, I have no clue how to console a person.

Didn't know how serious the bus crash was until I visited a friend's blog at www.xinch.wordpress.com. Apparently, friends of one of the victims in the bus crash, Nian Ning, are coming up with a petition for safer bus rides to urge the authorities to take action in preventing future similar incidents from happening. Year after year, there have been only talk but no action. I guess although I can never understand how her loved ones feel, I bet it must be extremely hard. So I'm doing my part to spread the news.

The news article about the Nian Ning: http://xinch.wordpress.com/2008/01/29/remember-nian-ning/

Bus Crash No More blog:
http://buscrashnomore.blogspot.com/

Since none of these people are bothered to do anything about it, it’s up to us to push for a change. Bloggers,

Please post this on your blog now to help:

Chung Lern and Nian Ning’s families would like all families and friends of the victims, dead or alive, in the Slim River Bus Crash to come forward and join them in taking action against the bus company. Stand up to seek justice for these three innocent individuals, who were all so young and full of life.

If you have a blog, please call out to ANYONE who

knows someone who survived or did not survive

the crash to come forward to join the Lee family.

Make a huge difference, make a huge fuss.

For now, you may contact Lee Chung Lern at chunglern@gmail.com or preferably on his handphone at 012-6670368.

What we can also do is boycott Konsortium express buses.

Pay a little bit more for Nice - is your life not worth that extra RM23?
Another solution that might not be the best, drive. Get 3 friends, a car, and at least the fate of your lives are in your own hands. But remember, drive safely.
Or if you can afford it - FLY. AirAsia and Firefly are making air travel a lot more affordable for us. Like I said - is your life not worth that extra money?

Nian Ning was loved by her family and her friends. Don’t let her be just another statistic to add to the current rise of deaths on the road. After all, we quickly forget.

But she was loved. Read Jien Ann’s blog, Pei Wen’s blog, Sookie’s, check out her boyfriend’s photopage or even her other friend’s blogs. Or check out the facebook group her those dearest to her created in her memory.

Stop being so ‘tidak apa’.

Don’t forget - it could have easily been me, or you, or your loved ones.

Rest in Peace, my friend.

~Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action. (1 John 3:18)

All words in blue were taken from Xinch's blog.

May Nian Ning and the other 2 victims R.I.P.

XOXO,

Me

No comments: