Saturday, July 21, 2007

Forbidden Love (?)

It's lunchtime...

And I'm having my lunch in my room because all of my friends are in the city >.< style="font-style: italic;">Nick stepped back, his arms falling heavily by his sides, and looked at her in disbelief.
'You're actually going to throw away this all away because you're an inverted snob,' he said angrily.
'If you like,' said Laura, keeping all her emotions in check with one last herculean effort.
'You're a coward,' he said, his voice harsh, his fists clenched. He shook his head. 'Coward.'
She turned and walked towards the car, and when she reached it she took the keys out and, trembling, tried to unlock it. Her hands were shaking. He watched her as she opened the door.
'You know, I actually thought I might be falling in love with you,' he said quietly. He stepped away, turned around and walked towards the house, and didn't turn back once.
Laura drove out of the stables, onto the long, wide driveway, not daring to look in the mirror in case she caught sight of Chartley behind her, or the figure climbing the steps at the front to disappear inside. Tears rolled down her cheeks; she gripped the steering wheel and put her foot on the accelerator.
'The trouble is, I'd already fallen in love with you,' she said softly to herself, as she reached the end of the long, long drive, and turned onto the main road, back towards home."

(Evans 2006, p. 316)

*sob* I wonder if they'll end up together...gonna read it later...It's been ages since I read a romantic novel. The last time I cried reading a novel was last year when I read A Walk to Remember. The book and the movie had some differences. All in all, I still prefer the book simply because it's the original story AND it's way more touching than the movie. Many people, like me, do not know why the story is called "a walk to remember" and think that maybe it's because they had one last walk together =P The real reason is when Jamie fell sick, she could hardly stand on her own 2 feet and it took her a huge amount of effort to walk down the aisle on her wedding day, hence the title "A Walk to Remember" =')
XOXO,
Me

No comments: