Sunday, August 05, 2007

Silence is golden

Well, I was feeling happy like an hour ago...

but my happiness kind of faded away when I saw P.

Everytime I see P, I don't know what to say.

I was feeling happy and sad at the same time...

and that's really bad 'cause I never liked mixed feelings.

I don't mind not talking to P, but what hurts the most is that P never stands on my side.

NEVER

I'm not mad or anything, but I've realised something through this.

You can never satisfy everyone cause in the end, you'll end up getting hurt.

So, I've made up my mind.

And I shall remind myself from time to time that: Even if the whole world is against me, I shall stand up for myself, for what I believe in, and for what the truth is!

After watching Amazing Grace, I was in awe of what God is capable in doing.

William Wilberforce has become my role model.

Not only is he couragous to stand up for what he believes in when the whole world (well, not exactly) is against him, he's also determined in what he does.

Now, I shall live like him.

From now on, if people tease me or laugh at me, I shall smile and know that God is always on my side (depending on the situation). Even if I'm in the wrong, I shall fall and learn to stand up again...

When I'm silent, I'm trying not to listen to the conversation. =)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter note, I met up with a friend who came over from Perth for his sister's graduations ceremony.

I don't know why, but after hanging out with him, I felt like we've known each other for ages even though I've only known him for less than a year.

We kind of knew each other in a weird way, which was through C =P And the first time meeting him was at 1-stop Popular bookshop...

Come to think of it, after meeting him, my old Penang personality came back. I didn't need to worry how people will see me, all I did was be my normal self, talk as much as I want to, tell as much funny stories as I want to, be as childish as I want to. Ahhh~ old friends...

If I could, I would wanna be my old self here but apparently somehow I feel restricted. Everything I do, S would have something to say. S always has this problem with Psychology students.

Although I know that he doesn't mean it, I'm only human, sometimes I feel hurt and frustrated. I pray that God will help me acquire patience and I truly believe that miracles do happen.

And when I face this kind of situation, all I can do is be silent. Before I say something that I might regret.

I realised only M is observant enough to have noticed that I didn't look happy. Well, I was, but not anymore.

*sigh* This is the battle with myself again.

Happy / Unhappy?

I don't know >.< Someone decide for me, please!!

One thing's for sure, I'm gonna be who God made me to be!!! Will not live according to people's views...I'm me!

Want to know more about me?
Visit http://kevan.org/johari?name=Michellin and do accordingly.
Michellin's me by the way, other names were already taken, so I just simply chose a name *winks*
You can see what people think of me =)

XOXO,
Me

5 comments:

Genieve said...

good good good!

self reflection is always good...

i do tht too. always making mental notes to myself.

keep it up!

Lin said...

haha...yes!

thanks genieve for always dropping me comments of encouragement! *hugs and kisses*

jennifer said...

yes..the most important thing EVER is to be yourself no matter what!! Cos when you try to be someone you're not, you just end up feeling unhappy and incomplete...Just find the ppl you can be yourself with without caring about what they might think about you. That's the best! Cos then you'd know who your true friends are..when they ALLOW you to be yourself.

*whew* i din check yr blog for only 2 days and i have to catch up on a few posts already..! Luckily i'm up-to-date now! mwahahaha! +D

Lin said...

JENNIFER!!!!
thanks for reminding me that...=') I really really needed to hear that...
Just yesterday I was thinking if I should do something that is acceptable to others but opposing to my own views...I think I know what I should do already =)
thanks so much, girl! *hugs*

jennifer said...

great to know i could help! hehehh...=) no need to thank. that's what friends are for. just buy me an ice cream instead of thanking me. haahah. =P