Sunday, August 26, 2007

Girls' Ministry

This morning I went for my first ever Girls' Ministry organised by an OCF girl (obviously) and it turned out totally unexpected.
I thought it'd be the usual, praise and worship, someone shares something and that's it.

I suddenly felt so much like a girl (?) LOL~ Probably because there weren't any guys around and what one of the girls said is true, she said that no one understands us better than the ones around us at that moment.

Joanne shared something with us today and the topic was Being Empowered as a Christian Woman. Wow~ Suddenly I'm a woman! Hehe~ =P What she shared was quite private and confidential so I won't be giving much details.

Empowered means being equipped or supplied with an ability. In this case I guess what she was trying to send across was our being equipped the ability to be set free in Christ. In the midst of her sharing, I could hear girls sniffing and sobbing and I could see tears welled up or streaming down their cheeks.

Joanne's sharing was a touching one. She taught us about total freedom. Freedom from addiction. Freedom from hatred. Freedom from unnecessary burdens. Freedom from the past that haunts. Freedom from worldly things. Freedom from others' opinions. Freedom from anything that separates us from God.

Galatians 5: 1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Everyone knows I'm not good expressing with words, so yeah...this is all I have to say...I guess.

p/s: To all the girls who went for the Girls' Ministry, correct me if I'm wrong...

XOXO.
Me

No comments: